Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dieu m'a donné la foi

Hey peeps ... 

I know I've been lame lately ... I fell into the hustle of work/travel/life here and therefore neglected my blog .... but today has been a great sunny day ... the type that makes you want to fall asleep all day outside. Instead I settled for a picnic under the eiffel tower. So many things have happened since Ive last written I dont even know where to start. I guess I'll start by explaining my title for this post ... last weekend I fell into what is french 90's pop music and clearly have taken up a liking for it ... think the Christina Aguilera for the french .. and yea Dieu m'a donné la foi (god gave me the faith) is their genie in a bottle hhahah. Don't doubt that I pump that shit in my ipod on my way to work in the morning having the frenchies being like damn who is this girl. 

Other than that Paris is still my oyster to discover ... cannot believe I've been gone for an entire term already!!! I love this city (i know ... i say it over and over but I can't help it) I'm alcoholic for french culture and I've only started  .... Speaking of drinking I've done my fair share .. enough to make my philly friends proud and my montreal friends scared haha .. I've found this wine that is AMAZING its called le 6ieme sens (the 6th sense) which is like 4€ a bottle(thats a steal). I think I'm more of an alcoholic than ever ... but here its natural ... wine ... apperos ... are common affairs which are to be enjoyed not chastised. Drunkness is a sign of social merriment ... a consequence of drinking in companionship and meaningful dialogues. I've enjoyed talking politics (ahhh taboooo) and other controversial topics with citizens of the world .. since most of the people I've met are other world travelers. Speaking of, Obama was here last weekend ... just hanging out in my hood ... NBD. 

I'm not sure if I've told you about the trip to London ... which was EPIC. I met up with my friend A and her crew on a Friday night ... after eating dinner with her sister we wanted to go out but no one wanted to go out with us. A, was yawning and I was getting discouraged. We ended up taking the subway to Old Street where we were told would be a lot of bars, having walked up and down the street finding nothing of interest, we were casually standing at the exit of the metro when two young gals come up to us asking for directions to a bar. After lamely excusing our inability to help them we find out that the are two teachers and Canadians from Toronto (one who taught hip hop at my old high school) RANDOM. So anyways they invite us to go to the aforementioned bar with them (now having directions) so we hang with them. The world they opened for us is indescribable by narration but I'll try. We go to a bar, the people are drama/theatrics people, shot of tequila, someone in a beard recites spoken poetry about a "difficult shit", shot of tequila, there's a birthday going on in the bar and balloons everywhere, shot of tequila, my shoe sticks to the floor lost it for 2 mins, shot of tequila, bar is closing they have an after party with prepaid cabs, we look at each other "Why the fuck not" and off we are to the best part of night. Which includes more alcohol ... and musicians ... everyone has their own instrument and a jam session proceeds till 6 am. But as they say ... when in london (or Rome) 

Since then, I've partied on a boat (yea I was ON A BOAT ... insert SNL lyrics here) ... Went to the French Open and saw Federer win ... Went to a party at a coworkers house only to find out that 30 year olds party just like 20 year olds ... passed out on a couch and have many embarassing pictures to prove it. Partied with french people and took them unknowingly to a club on "lesbian night" claiming to "ALWAYS go to that bar" ...  damn there's no way to explain that I didn't know it was going to be a lesbian night. That was more embarassing than passing out on a coworkers couch ahah. I karaoked Journey - Don't Stop Believing and Puddle of Mud -She Fucking Hates Me .... HAMMERED drunk on a Thursday night ... realizing I have no more money to get home and everyone I know has left due to severe intoxication ... I convince some dude that i'll go home with him cuz he lives close to me, only to jump out at a red light leaving him with the cab fee and who knows what else .... wake up Friday morning at 9:20 (FUCKED .. both because i'm late to work and because i'm fucking hammered still) manage to make it to work ... I reek of alcohol and I only respond to everyone english ... I think I've really made a good impression! 

But on a serious note, work is amazing. I've learnt so much about buildings and more applicable concepts than any other coop I've done so far. Not everything is just party party party. I've also booked some crazy trips and have some amazing visitors coming starting next weekend until I leave soo ... 

I've got to go ... its my friends birthday and I'm trying to keep it classy considering I have to work tomorrow. 

Guys I love you all and miss you tonsss 

bisousss

No comments:

Post a Comment